Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Expectations

I have today sent the following e-mail to the following NA:s: Austria, Brazil, Canada, Costa Rica, Denmark, France, Germany, Israel, Luxembourg, Norway, Philippines, Portugal Sweden and USA. Why? ...since I plan to have a few specific goals with my potential position within the IEC. And since, I do believe in transparency.

***

Att: CISV …
From: Adam Axelsson, CISV Sweden, candidate for IEC 2008–2010
Stockholm, 2007-03-20

First of all, let me express my sincere thanks for your nomination of me to the IEC. Personally I'm very proud and enthusiastic to have been nominated.

Since I'm nominated by your NA this e-mail is about your expectations. I would love to know, if I'm elected, what are your expectations of me? Or, if you do not have specific expectations on me, what are your top expectations from the IEC or CISV International?

I would help me alot if you, i.e. within your NA board, could have a quick discussion and e-mail me a brief list with your top expectations or priorities.

Sincerely,
--
Adam Axelsson, CISV Sweden
Phone: +46 708 618151, E-mail: adam.axelsson @ se.cisv.org


***

Also, for sure, if you read this and have expectations on me, the IEC or CISV International – speak up, write a comment or send me an e-mail.

1 comment:

Adam Axelsson said...

Got the first answer last week:

"I have no big expectations of the IEC, this IEC will have to wrapup certain projects that the prior IEC started, and propose for new ones, but the impact that they will have on the organization might not be as strong as expected, and I believe this is a very important thing to handle in the election, because some candidates might try to sell as if their term will make CISV turn 180, but this is not the way to sell your candidacy if you have any concrete projects that you would like to take on then wonderful, but avoid the "we need a change", "it's a new era" crap, keep in mind that the IEC is about 80% routine administrative work, and that will always be there. Get in touch with committee projects, see what works and focus on that, and as you have been so far be honest and tell them not to waste resources on crappy projects."